What is PAN card?
Like Aadhar Card PAN Card is also Kind of Identity Proof of Indian Citizen. We know that PAN (Permanent Account Number) card contains unique 10 character code that is assigned to all Citizen of India who is Paying Regular TAX on theirs Yearly Earnings. PAN Card is Issued by the Income Tax Department of India. With the Help of PAN, Card Government can Easily Track all the Details Regarding Transactions made by Any Person. It is necessary for filing Income Tax returns in the country.
What is Aadhar Card?
The Aadhaar Card is a unique identification card that is assigned to every Indian citizen by Unique Identification Authority of India an Indian Government Body, Aadhar Card Contains 12 Random Digits which is Unique and Randomly Generated for Each Individual. The Main Purpose of Aadhar card is to Provide Single ID Proof which contains all the Details of Each Person including Name, Address, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Gender and Biometric Information. It’s kind of All-In-One ID Proof.
In recent Time Aadhar Card is Gaining Massive Importance as ID Proof Over another ID card. The government has Started Linking Aadhar Card with All other ID Cards like PAN Card, Ration Card and Election Card. The Main Purpose Behind this Linking Strategy is to Track All Possible Details and Transaction od Card Holder and Reduce Corruption Quickly. In this Post, We will See How One can Link Aadhar Card with their PAN Card in Different Ways.
Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card using SMS
This is the Foremost Easiest Way to Link Aadhar with PAN Card because it takes only a few Minutes to Complete the Process. To Link Aadhar with PAN, you Need to Write one Simple SMS and need to Send.
Type SMS in Given Format:
UIDPAN<Your 12 digit Aadhaar Number><Your 10 digit PAN Card Number>
Example: UIDPAN 123456789123ABCDEFGHIJ
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161
Isn’t it Very Easy?
People can also go to the official Income Tax e-filing website and link both these documents.
Process for Linking PAN Card and Aadhaar Card at Income Tax e-Filing portal
To link PAN Card and Aadhaar card you have to first register on the Income Tax e-Filing portal. Once you Register just Follow this Steps:
- Log in to the e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department by entering the log-in ID, password, and date of birth
- On logging in to the site, a pop-up window will appear, Now in that Window, you have to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card.
- Once you Login, Details like date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-Filing portal.
- Verify the details on given form with the ones you submitted at the time of Aadhaar Card Registration.
- After Successfully Matching of Details Given by You it‘s time to enter your Aadhaar card number and click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.
Let’s See all the Steps in Details:
- Open the Income Tax e-filing portal OR CLICK HERE.
- Register on it. Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id.
- Login on the page using your User ID, Password and Date of Birth.
- Now In the Left Side of the Scree, You can See “LINK AADHAR” Option. Just Click on it and New Window will Open.
- Now in the Next Window Add the required details like name, DOB and gender as per PAN Card details after that Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number and verify captcha and Click On Link Aadhaar.
- That’s It One POP UP will Open Written “AADHAR-PAN Linking is Completed Successfully”
The IT department of India has started the online facility for correction of errors in names and other information present on the Aadhaar document and PAN card.
Now IT Department has also added two links on the official website for e-filing of tax. One link takes to the application page for Permanent Account number by an Indian national or a foreigner and the other link takes you to the page where you can update all the necessary changes.
In order to update all the Aadhaar details, an individual can easily log on to the Aadhaar SSUP (Self Service Update Portal).
Reason to Link Aadhar with PAN Card
- There are Many Reason Behind this Campaign, Nowadays Government is leaving no stone unturned to make every official process digital. All these is being done in order to prevent duplicity or work, cut down time of official deliveries and to curb corruption to a significant level.
- By linking the Aadhaar and PAN cards together, the government will be able to sharp eye on all the taxable transactions of a particular individual or entity, whose identity and address will be verified by his Aadhaar card.
- By Linking Aadhar Card with PAN card One can Easily Pay their Income Tax Return using Aadhar Card.
- By Linking Aadhar with PAN Individual can’t able to Misdirect Income Tax Department by Making Multiple PAN Card to Save more TAX.